Path Of Exile is a relatively difficult game. Going to the end of the "Merciless" mode will require patience and a little bit of hard work. This little survival guide will give you some tips to take in your bag before embarking on the ruthless world of Wraeclast.
- Do not hesitate to go back! Even to return to the village: a living coward is always more useful than a dead hero!
- Watch out for the lags! Servers are sometimes overloaded and latency can occur. The latter was very present the first weeks. Developers have worked on it, and it's now less common.
- Do not skimp on the use of potions: they recharge based on the enemies killed, and a simple return trip by town portal in the village recharges them all entirely.
- Death is hardly penalizing in the normal and cruel modes. It is much more "merciless": a death = one / hours of play less.
- Feel free to take a look at the general options to include a minimap at the top right of the screen.
- The map of the zone, accessible with the Tab key, is moving thanks to the arrows of the keyboard.
- If you click on a quest icon (accessible via the U key), you will know where to go on the global map.
- When you want to farm an area, you can reset it by reentering it, with Ctrl + left click (from the warp portal or the area next to it). It also allows you to see which group is in which instance.
Skills and Gems
- The right click is used to unravel the gems.
- Gems level up when encased in your gear, even if they are on your replacement weapon
- Read the descriptions of the gems well: some only work with a particular type of weapon.
- Auras will reserve a portion of your mana (40% more often). Keep in mind that the "reduced mana" gem can lower this percentage.
- Be careful when changing your gems: check the prerequisites in dexterity, strength and intelligence.
- The gems have a quality level: if the quality is not useful to the auras (increase of the area of effect), it is much more to the offensive spells. It can, for example, increase your attack speed or your damage on the use of the skill.
- Do not use all your crafting equipment at the beginning! The "Orbs of alchemy", "Chaos orb", "Exalted orb" or "Gem cutters prisms" are somehow the currency commonly used for trade. In addition, better to keep them for the middle / end game as these orbs are rare
- Keep your runes quality: they can be exchanged and some are very expensive ("Elemental hit" for example).
- The chest is shared between your characters.
- You can buy at the marketplace by having your currency in your chest. So keep only "Scroll of wisdom" and "Scroll of portal" on you.
- Crtl + left click to put the items of your inventory directly at the seller. This avoids moving them.
Chat and keyboard shortcuts:
- Click on "global chat" or put a # before writing to talk in the global chat. (or Shift + Enter)
- The local chat is only visible to characters in the same area as you.
- To whisper to someone: write @ followed by the character's name.
- Ctrl + Enter to answer someone.
- Ctrl + Alt + click on an object to show it in the chat.
- You can hide or show the global chat and / or swap in the left corner at the top of the chat window.
- Press% to talk to your group.
- Move your mouse over the objects in the chat to see their features.
- X key to change your weapon by your second weapon set (s).
- Hold down Shift to attack without moving.
- Enter / online to see how many people are online, all leagues and regions combined.
- Enter / itemlevel to see the level of an object when your mouse cursor is over it.
- WTT = Want to trade
- WTB = Want to buy
- WTS = Want to sell
- Alchs = Orbs of Alchemy
- GCP = Gem cutters Prisms
- Exalts = Exalted orbs
- Fuse = Orbs of fusing
Do you want to make Path of Exile items quicker for your game account? If you do, you can visit U4GM to have more guides and methods about this. Also, U4GM is the professional PoE services sales store, you are free to purchase from u4gm if you need. We believe that you can receive the best service!